POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Orthographic support broken : Re: Orthographic support broken Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:22:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orthographic support broken
From: Hugo
Date: 19 Jan 2002 14:57:20
Message: <3c49cfa0$1@news.povray.org>
> Maybe there could be a new keyword to switch to either behaviour.
> ("orthographic_adjust", "orthographic_auto",...)

My humble opinion is that more words just add complexity but not simplicity
for the users. It's best to have just a few words with much freedom. A
strict way of expressing a camera is okay if it protects against troubleful
rendering, but not if it mostly takes away freedom.. This is a fine balance,
but more keywords would give ... a mess.

Hugo